Since 1992, Judge Audrey has been a practicing attorney for the state of Wisconsin. For over twenty years, she has upheld a stunning record of serving Milwaukee both inside the courtroom and in her local community.
Character, Service & Tradition
Audrey is a Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge currently serving at The Vel R. Phillips Juvenile Justice Center, where she has presided over hundreds of cases. Prior to taking the bench she worked for more than 20 years as an assistant district attorney and assistant attorney general.
As a prosecutor, Audrey had a passion for serving victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, especially children affected by these crimes. She litigated well over 100 jury trials and 50 court trials, including homicides and cases against sex predator serial rapists.
From 2008 to 2011, Audrey coordinated the work of the Milwaukee Commission on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. In 2011, she served as the Assistant Attorney General for the Wisconsin Department of Justice and the Violence Against Women Resource Prosecutor. She co-chaired the Attorney General’s Statewide Sexual Assault Response Team and was active on the State of Wisconsin’s Violence Against Women Act Advisory Committee. She helped lead efforts on sexual assault kit testing, campus sexual assault, domestic and dating violence training, and more.
She is the recipient of the Hope Shining Award from The Healing Center, the Task Force on Family Violence Leadership Award, and the Women in the Law recognition from the Wisconsin Law Journal.
In 2017, Governor Scott Walker appointed Audrey as Judge for Milwaukee County Circuit Court, Branch 41, replacing retiring Judge John DiMotto.
Audrey earned her bachelor’s of science degree from Northwestern University and her juris doctor from Georgetown University. She is a member of the Polish Heritage Alliance, the Washington Heights Neighborhood Association, and St. Sebastian Parish. She lives in Milwaukee with her husband and two children.
Awards and Recognition
- Wisconsin Law Journal, Women in the Law Award | 2016
- The Healing Center, Hope Shining Award for Sexual Assault Advocacy | 2010
- Task Force on Family Violence Leadership Award | 2000
- Mount Mary University Criminal Justice Advisory Board
- Wisconsin Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, Executive Board Member
- Wisconsin Association of State Prosecutors, Executive Board Member and Vice President
- State of Wisconsin Violence Against Women Act Advisory Committee
- Attorney General's Statewide Sexual Assault Response Team, Co-chair
- Milwaukee Commission on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Commissioner
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Legislative Council Special Committee Sex Offender Placement
- Milwaukee County VAWA Judicial Oversight Initiative Advisory Committee
- Violence Against Women Act, Milwaukee Judicial Oversight Grant, Co-author | 1999
Juris Doctorate | Georgetown University Law Center | 1992
Bachelor of Science | Northwestern University, School of Communication | 1989
Experience as an Educator
Adjunct Professor | Mt. Mary University, Criminal Justice | 2015 - 2016